Saturday, August 13, 2011

I have arrived!



Ashley has arrived!  Me and my four pieces of luggage (all overweight) have made it safely. I left Houston at 8:45pm on Thursday and flew for 14 hours to Qatar.  The flight was not full but unfortunately my row was completely full.  The two men in my row were not the most social of people so I was able to avoid the small talk.  The flight was actually pretty enjoyable.  I slept, watched movies, ate, read and slept some more.  Qatar Airways was impressive.  The food kind of sucked but everything else was pretty swanky.  All the flight attendants were dressed pretty fancy and their outfits coordinated exactly which I was impressed with.  They even had matching scrunchies which was the perfect addition to their outfits.  I also would like to recommend both movies I watched to everyone Diary of a Wimpy Kid was precious and Limitless was a really well done movie that I am surprised didn’t receive more attention.  After, we landed in Qatar we went through a line of about 200 people to go through security again and then we went to our gate and shortly after boarded our flight to Abu Dhabi. 

Ready to go!

This flight was thirty minutes and flew by.  We landed in Abu Dhabi and disembarked from the plane to be greeted by signs and people telling us where to go.  They herded us into a line and handed out our visas and stylish lanyards to let everyone know who we were.  We then moved to customs.  We waited in line to get our eyes scanned (I am not sure why we did this) and visas stamped.  We made our way through customs to search for our bags.  This is where the frustration began because me having four oversized bags and only me to move them I was somewhat in over my head.  Needless to say they did not all fit on one cart and I had a nice airport worker wheel my bags out.  I will use the power of my blonde hair in times of need J  We then walked into the outdoor sauna at around midnight on Saturday and it was much hotter than expected.  We all loaded onto a bus and headed to the Fairmont Hotel.  We were greeted at the hotel by many people and went downstairs to get our room keys and water.  Our bags were delivered to our rooms within thirty minutes.  I ordered room service and watched TV until I fell asleep around 3am on Saturday morning.  Now this hotel is probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.  My bathtub and shower overlooks the ocean.  The bed is more comfortable than my bed at home.  There is a giant breakfast buffet and breakfast buffets are one of my top five favorite things.  The staff here is incredible and helps me with every little thing.  I think this is what my life was meant to be like and I surely could get used to this...
My Temporary Home


 
Seating Area


Restroom with a view of the water


My Tub/Shower with a Beach View


2am Snack
View from my room!


















1 comment:

  1. The Grand mosque is just magnificent. This design really amazes me. This is such a bold and a one of a kind architectural idea. Really nice.


    psi

    ReplyDelete